As St. Tammany Parish and the surrounding communities of the Northshore continue to grow, St. Tammany Parish Hospital must grow too. Over the last several years, STPH has worked diligently to meet the needs of the community and expand our healthcare services. Some examples of this include:
- Neuro ICU - STPH opened a larger operating suite to accommodate the complex neurosurgeries being performed. To complement that, they developed a Neuroscience unit including a four-bed neuro-critical care unit and a 10-bed neuro-medical surgical care unit.
- Mandeville Emergency Department - Following the openings of the newly expanded emergency and pediatric emergency departments, STPH is now opening an offsite emergency department in Mandeville to provide residents closer access to emergency care. This location will be a full-service emergency facility able to treat emergent health situations including broken bones, heart attack and stroke.
- Pediatric Advancements - The hospital opened a four-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) on the main campus in 2019. In addition, more pediatric subspecialists have been added to the medical staff, and the Madisonville location of St. Tammany Physicians Network transitioned to a pediatrics-only practice.
Coming in 2020, STPH will have a brand new bed tower
added to the hospital's main building. Some of the highlights of this expansion:
- 3 additional operating rooms
- 30-bed critical care unit
- 40-bed inpatient unit
- Fourth floor shell space allowing us to be ready for the future when our community needs us.
Most importantly, this expansion will make STPH an all private room facility that will drastically reduce the risk of hospital acquired infections and will increase quality and privacy for patients. In addition, new state-of-the-art technology to enhance safety, care and comfort for both patients and caregivers will be introduced, making St. Tammany Parish Hospital a true destination for quality care in Louisiana.